Our team at the Weight Loss and Wellness Center has spent our careers learning about every aspect of obesity and weight-related conditions. We are committed to passing this knowledge along to our patients, giving you the tools you need to reach a healthy weight and manage chronic health conditions. Our areas of specialty cover the full spectrum of weight problems, including clinical weight management, type 2 diabetes, and obesity & depression.
Click on the links below to learn more about our specialties at the Weight Loss and Wellness Center.
- Clinical Weight Management
- Medically-supervised weight loss, refers to weight loss that is monitored and led by a doctor who has training and expertise in safe and healthy ways to lose weight. Individually-customized clinical weight management programs using state-of-the-art educational tools and strategies.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes is a disease that affects your body’s ability to handle glucose levels in your blood. The hormone insulin is responsible for helping your cells turn glucose into energy, but for those with type 2 diabetes, cells develop what is known as insulin resistance.
- High Blood Pressure
- High blood pressure, or hypertension, means that there is high tension in your heart’s arteries, which are responsible for transporting blood from your heart to the rest of your body. It is important to see a doctor who can help you manage your heart rate and move toward a healthier range.
- Obesity and Depression
- Obesity is a chronic disease characterized by excess fat tissue in the body. This is typically measured using body mass index, or BMI for short. Those who suffer from the disease are at risk for a wide array of chronic health conditions.
- High Cholesterol
- Cholesterol is usually affected by eating foods that contain high levels of cholesterol or eating foods that have trans fat, which triggers your liver to create excessive cholesterol. High levels of cholesterol in the body is harmful and should be treated.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Pauses in breathing during sleep can have serious health consequences, lower your sleep quality, and have a significant impact on your overall health and quality of life. Often, excessive fat in the neck area can reduce the size of your airway, leading to OSA.
- Obesity and Cancer
- Patients suffering from obesity, you are at a higher risk for certain cancers as well as a number of other diseases, including diabetes, high cholesterol, fatty liver disease, and many others.
If you are struggling with weight gain or obesity, visit the Weight Loss and Wellness Center in New Jersey for help overcoming your weight problems. Our mission is to empower and educate our patients through personalized support and state-of-the-art treatment options so you can regain control of your life and health. Call our office at 973-795-7955 or click here to schedule a consultation at one of our several locations.