Deciding to pursue weight loss surgery is a big decision. These surgeries involve committing to the preparation and recovery from the procedure before you can be sure that it works. You probably have a lot of questions on your mind, including ‘Is weight loss surgery a safe option for my body?’
The Weight Loss and Wellness Center is New Jersey’s premier weight loss clinic. Dr. Majid and her team know that your safety is of the utmost concern when considering surgical solutions. Read on to learn more about weight loss surgery and what our team does to ensure that you have the safest experience with a smooth recovery.
Do I Qualify for Weight Loss Surgery?
You may have been struggling with weight gain or associated conditions for years and nothing seems to work. However, simply wanting to lose weight does not qualify you for weight loss surgery. Because it is an extensive procedure, we require our patients to have:
- A BMI over 40;
- A BMI before 35 to 39 with a serious health condition, such as high blood pressure, or sleep apnea; or
- A BMI between 30 and 35 with Type 2 Diabetes, as the surgery can potentially help to cure their condition.
Is Weight Loss Surgery Safe?
Weight loss surgery is safe when conducted by an experienced professional. Your wellbeing through the surgery and recovery process is of the utmost importance to our team. Some of the ways that we ensure safety include:
- Choosing a surgery that works for your body. Every patient at the Weight Loss and Wellness Center receives an individual treatment plan, ensuring that their procedure is safe for your body.
- We always try to choose the least invasive surgery possible, improving recovery time.
- Majid and her team are renowned experts in their field and have helped many people like you who are struggling with their weight. Choosing the best surgeon makes a huge difference in safety. See some of our happy patient testimonials here.
- Our relationship doesn’t end after the surgery is complete. We make sure to follow up with you throughout your entire life and ensure that you are seeing the results that you want while improving your overall health. You can trust us to be by your side whenever you need us.
Your Different Weight Loss Surgery Options
Not all weight loss surgeries work for every single person. At the Weight Loss and Wellness Center, you’ll receive a customized plan with the surgery that works best for your specific needs. Some of the options for weight loss surgery that we provide include:
- Biliopancreatic diversion, also known as a duodenal switch. This is a surgery that removes a portion of the stomach and attaches the smaller stomach to the small intestine, which results in lower calorie intake;
- Lap band surgery, which involves the insertion of a small device that wraps around the stomach to limit the amount of food that can be eaten at one time;
- Sleeve gastrectomy, wherein the size of your stomach is reduced to limit how much food can be eaten; and
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, which creates a smaller stomach pouch that makes you feel full more quickly.
Connect with the Weight Loss & Wellness Center
Working with the right surgeon can make the biggest difference in a safe and effective weight loss surgery. We want to help you on your journey to your happiest, healthiest self. Request a consultation with us today, or give us a call at (973) 795-7955 with any further questions you may have.